Press release 5th June 2018
10th 11th October, Koli Nature Centre Ukko & Break Sokos Hotel Koli Yläkolintie 39, 83960 Koli National Park, Finland
Digitalization and new technologies change the forest industry. Already fourth time arranged Forest&Photonics 2018 is for industry, academia, developers and specialists. New technology solutions, opportunities and challenges for forestry are presented in following categories: Drones & Big Data, Robotics & Automation and Photonics Technologies for Biorefineries.
Forest&Photonics is an unique event that brings together the forestry and technology experts to network, collaborate and share their challenges, opportunities and solutions for industry. This event is for forestry and technology companies, researchers, business developers and specialists. Now already fourth time arranged Forest&Photonics has become internationally significant event for professionals of these fields.
Yearly changing themes are focused on current topics including the latest trends for forest- and photonics based technologies. This year themes are drones and lidar technologies in forest industry, Robotics and Automation and New Photonics Technologies for Biorefineries.
The international speakers from five countries together with the latest technology development companies and universities from Finland are leading the discussion by providing interesting insights to the forest- and technology industry.
The event takes place in unique sceneries of Koli National Park in Finland (10th 11th October 2018, Koli Nature Centre Ukko & Break Sokos Hotel Koli Yläkolintie 39, 83960, Koli, Finland).
Themes for the Forest&Photonics 2018
- Drones & Big Data
- Robotics & Automation
- Photonics Technologies for Biorefineries
Forest&Photonics is all about
- Top presentations & raw data Case examples from industry
- Creating new collaboration between forestry & photonics industry
- To share the solutions, opportunities and challenges
Forest&Photonics 2017 feedback
- 93 % found new potential co-operation partner
- 89 % are going to participate next year
- 97 % recommend Forest & Photonics
Forest&Photonics 2018 speakers
Keynote: Program Director Sari Tasa, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment of Finland, bioeconomy, cleantech, circular economy
- Status, latest news, test areas in Finland, collaboration with European counterparties, hot topics in drone area, Timo Lind, Arctic Drone Labs
- Hyperspectral imaging from seedlings to forest, and sawn goods, CTO Jouni Jussila, Specim
- Applications of lidar imagers in automated forestry and agriculture machinery, Founder Santiago Royo, Beamagine (Spain),
- Growing Needs for Accurate Road Data to Secure the Wood Logistics, Researcher Pirjo Venäläinen, Metsäteho
- Assessing tree quality and health using terrestrial point clouds, Professor Mikko Vastaranta, UEF
- How Drones Change Forest Planning, Ismo Hippi, Mosaic Mill & Jussi Rasinmäki, Simosol
- Use of open data in operative decision making in forestry field operations, Vesa Leppänen, Arbonaut
- Measuring and monitoring difficult or invisibleprocesses in the industry, forestry and energy sectors, CEO Patrick Ottoson, Radar Bolaget (Sweden)
- Next generation drones and AI related to Big Data analys, CEO Henri Klemmer, Hepta Group (Estonia)
- Towards Automated Driving, Senior Project Manager Matti Kutila,b
- 3D LIDAR sensors for robotics, autonomous vehicles and UAVs, CEO Sergey Sedykh, Vlabor Photonics
- Detecting windthrows with satellite data, Assistant Research Professor Jan Dempewolf, University of Maryland, the Department of Geographical Sciences (USA)
- Predicting Product Quality by Utilizing Imaging Measurements, Soft Sensors and Modeling, Joni Hattuniemi, Valmet Automation
- Disrupting environmental monitoring, Project Manager Aleksandra Karimaa, Gasera
- Augmented Reality (AR) - through Head Up Display's - to off highway vehicles and machines, CEO Esteban Arboix, Optea (Sweden)
Joensuu Science Park Ltd. reserves the right to make changes to the programme.
Forest&Photonics is free of charge when registering not later than 9th of September 2018. Please, remember to make your registration here. For more information, please contact Juha Purmonen, firstname.lastname@example.org or call +358503543832. Also follow us on Twitter @forestphotonics or our website www.tiedepuisto.fi/fp.